CSS3 PIE version 1.0 beta 4 has been released. This is primarily a bugfix release. Major fixes include:
- Tweaked detection of IE9 to perform rendering in compatibility and quirks modes but disable rendering in IE9 standards mode
- Fixed errors in rendering of border-image, images with zero dimensions, and others (thanks to Keith Gable)
- Prevented multiple downloads of images used more than once in a page
- Added support for CSS3 color keywords (thanks to Don Retzlaff)
- Fixed border-width keywords like ‘medium’
- Corrected positioning in RTL text environments
- Added a new -pie-poll custom CSS property which allows specifying that PIE should periodically check certain elements for position and size changes. This is useful for situations where IE does not fire onmove and onresize events when it should.
After this beta 4 release, the priority for development is introducing proper support for missing CSS3 features in IE9, notably linear-gradient and border-image.