Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 CSS3 Pie not working for me 

Post CSS3 Pie not working for me
Hi folks
I've just stumbled across Pie and thought I'd give it a go as I'd steered clear of CSS3 because of cr***y ie support. I've installed it on a website I have just started designing and I cannot get it to work at all...can somebody point me in the right direction please?
The site in question is herehttp://www.testingsandbox.co.uk and I have implemented Pie on the left column only so far - all I want is for it to round the corners (shows ok in Mozilla & Safari) but, as you can see it does nothing in ie. I've placed the .htc and .php file in the root and tried absolute and relative paths in the css and the PIE.php with no change....anybody got any ideas?
Thanks
Mick

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:59 am

Post Re: CSS3 Pie not working for me
Looks like you're running into the z-index issue (see the top of the Known Issues documentation page). Try giving the elements position:relative.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Sorry - I meant to update this thread before I went to bed last night. I've progressed slightly in narrowing down the problem - it stemmed from the 'clear:both' property on the footer element - if i remove that property it works, if i leave it there but put a clearfloat <br /> before it it allows me to have the container element rounded but nothing within it. I will look into the z index issue and see if that helps. Many thanks

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:06 am

Thanks Jason - the positioning tip worked a treat

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]