Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Can't get PIE 2 to work on localhost 

Post Can't get PIE 2 to work on localhost
Hello, I am developing an intranet site for the company I work for, and due to the localhost browser being confined to Internet Explorer (with about 50-50 v8 and v9), I am using PIE to help add on some modern css into my design.

I would like to be able to extend my design via PIE v2, but it will not read it on my localhost (using xampp with apache). So far, I have have no problems with v1, but with v2, it seems to ignore it, and I get no PIE features at all.

From poking around it seems to be that it is an issue with Apache and the HTC file (Content-type header); however, I am not able to get it to work using any of the solutions I have found online. The Github page says I need to make an .htaccess file with the line

AddType text/x-component .htc

However, when I add an .htaccess file to the www directory, Apache won't serve the .html files at all, and I do not know how/where to add whatever server code I need to be able to make Apache work with the .htaccess file. I am no Apache expert; I feel lucky I've been able to make everything run at all lol.

When I remove the htc/js files that come with PIE v2, remove the .htaccess file, and put the V1 PIE.htc file back, it runs fine again.

If anyone has a solution for me to make PIE v2 work, I'd appreciate it; however, I'll need a solution with very specific instructions vis a vis the Apache updates, if that is what I am needing to do. Although it seems simple, I don't understand where to put the updated changes; I do not understand the Apache documentation at all, it does not seem to be written for non-IT people. Also, my IT staff of 2 will be hosting the ultimate intranet site, and they will need to be able to also make it work on their IIS system. Otherwise, I'm stuck with PIE v1, which is still better than nothing. Thanks.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Post Re: Can't get PIE 2 to work on localhost
It seems I have it working now by simply adding the ADD TYPE statement to the actual httpd.conf file.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]