Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 making pie work 

Post making pie work
I have been trying to make pie work on my site. I have changed from the htc file to the php file. I have made the position relative. I already had it in a container div and I just added the pie attributes to it. Here is my code.

#navigation { font-size: 90%; text-align: left; float: right; margin: 0px 25px 10px 0px; padding: 5px 2px 20px 3px; border: double 4px #ff8539; position: relative; width: 250px; height: auto; -moz-border-radius: 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 10px; behavior: url('http://www.tristateadvantage.com/
PIE.php); border-radius: 10px }

The only other option is to alter the htaccess file which I am reluctant to do as my information says it will slow down the server. Am I being paranoid about that as I have never made changes to the htaccess file? Before I try that I would like to make sure my code is correct.
Thank you

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:13 am

Post Re: making pie work
I should add I am working with IE8 right now. Have not tried the other IE's.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:15 am

Assuming your server runs PHP code, there should be no reason to modify the .htaccess; the PHP file should do the trick as far as the content-type goes.

Your code snippet looks fine at first glance. Is there a public URL where we can take a look?

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:13 pm

I'm having the same problem.

behavior: url(/border-radius.htc) works fine for me, but behavior: url(/PIE.htc) does not, neither does behavior: url(/PIE.php)

all three files are in my webroot.

that indicates to me that the htc file type is not the problem and neither is the root relative url being used (since /border-radius.htc works just fine.

the only remaining idea I have is that somehow, PIE is not happy with my css where border-radius works fine:

#mydiv {
background:url(/img/bg_mydiv.png);
width:800px;
height:300px;
border:8px solid #fa0;
-moz-border-radius:45px;
-webkit-border-radius:45px;
-border-radius:45px;
margin:0 auto;
text-align:left;
-moz-box-shadow:7px 7px 25px rgba(0,0,0,.2);
-webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 10px #ccc;
box-shadow:2px 2px 10px #ccc;
/** MSIE HACKS **/
behavior:url(/PIE.htc);
}

Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:09 pm

You're specifying -border-radius:45px; ... it shouldn't have a leading dash. Not sure if that's the whole issue but it should be a start. ;)

Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:47 pm

jason wrote:
You're specifying -border-radius:45px; ... it shouldn't have a leading dash. Not sure if that's the whole issue but it should be a start. ;)

oops, that was a problem with my posting process, not the actual code. I had copy-pasted the relevant code into a text file earlier and while I was fiddling with PIE trying to get it to work, I realized it had that dash there and removed it from my actual code and proceeded to re-test it across the board. Then when I came here to post my question, I had already closed my remote css document and out of laziness used the version in my text file.

So anyway, I just went to look at my live code and confirmed the leading dash is not there. I also tried invoking PIE in a few other definitions in my css file and it doesn't seem to be working in any. :(

but as indicated earlier, border-radius.htc works ok... but it just won't handle anything other than rounded corners and I was greedily looking to get as much css3 yumminess for IE as I could.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:12 pm

Is there a public URL you can give so we can take a look?

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Alas, I'm afraid there is no public server available for this site. :(

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]