Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Pie.htc and Pie.php have no effect 

Post Pie.htc and Pie.php have no effect
I've tried both with the sample CSS found in Getting Started, but unfortunately my corners are still square. I know it's not a path issue as I've copied Pie into every single directory of my website. I've also added the mime type to my web.config. I've tried it with both pie.htc and pie.php. Pie.htc results in no visible change and Pie.php adds a second border but neither it, nor the original border have rounded corners.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Post Re: Pie.htc and Pie.php have no effect
Gotta provide more info. Can you paste code or give a URL?

Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:33 pm

I can't give a URL as it's for an intranet site, but here's some code. This is from an ascx file that's embedded in a master page.

Code:
<div style="border: 1px solid #999; -webkit-border-radius: 10px; -moz-border-radius: 10px; border-radius: 10px; behavior: url(PIE.htc);" >
            <table width="100%">
                <tr>
                    <td width="50%">
                        <big><strong>Notes</strong></big>
                    </td>
                    <td width="50%">
                        <a id="btnAddNotes" onclick="editNotes('0');this.blur();return false;" href="javascript:void(0);" class="btn"><span>Add</span></a>
                    </td>
                </tr>
            </table>
            <div id="divNotesGridDisplay">
                <table class='stats'>
                    <tr>
                        <td class='hed'><strong>Note</strong></td>
                        <td class='hed'><strong>Created By</strong></td>
                        <td class='hed'><strong>Created On</strong></td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>
                        <td>&nbsp;</td>
                        <td>&nbsp;</td>
                        <td>&nbsp;</td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
            </div>
</div>

Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi,

Don't know if my findings are related to this topic, but I'll share it any way.

While developing my pages on my WinXP box, testing them with a local preview, things were looking fine with Chrome and Firefox, but not in IE8 (yes yes... I know...). So I started narrowing down the problem by making a test page, just like the one mentioned above. To be sure it was not path related I had both the html file and css + PIE.htc in the root directory. No go, just would not work.

It all started to make sense once I uploaded the 3 files to the web server. Then it worked... . Now, I don't know if this would have worked local when running IIS on my XP, but never the less, it took me 2 entire days to figure this out. Question is if this is normal behavior. Is it correct that PIE.htc is not working unless it is running on a web server?

By the way, the way I have set up my web page is lt IE6 = sorry, please upgrade, lt IE9 = use ie.css and PIE.htc. But what with IE9. Am I out of the woods, or should I write lt IE10? I know IE10 does not support htc files, so not sure how to deal with that.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:52 am

@TheSatman That's interesting to hear. I don't have any problem getting it to work from my local filesystem on XP, but I have heard other people having similar issues. I don't know if there's some system-specific setting that affects it or what.

Quote:
But what with IE9. Am I out of the woods, or should I write lt IE10?

I'm not sure what you're asking here, can you clarify?

Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:31 am

Well, what I wanted to say: If lt IE9 does exactly that. CSS for all IE 8 and below. What I want to make sure now is that the used CSS also will work for IE9. Not sure if I just can use "if lt IE10", or use seperate CSS sheets for IE9. And then the biggest nightmare of them all. How do you deal with IE10. I found on this forum that IE10 does not support HTC anymore. (but hey, this is not belonging in this thread, is it?)

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]