Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 IE 7 Select Lists 

Post IE 7 Select Lists
So in IE 7 mode, select lists won't open their dropdown part when you click on the the first time (when they are not yet focussed), but will if you click on them while they're focussed. Really weird. I'm guessing the behavior is reapplied and the element is re-focussed, but as you can't open a drop-down list through script, the element is only focussed. I did some digging and found a method you could use to make it function normally. If you get a focus on a select list and the user is using IE7, run this:
Code:
      try {
        var shell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
        if(shell) {
          shell.SendKeys("%{DOWN}");
        }
      } catch(e) { }

This should trick IE into recognizing Alt+down, which is the shortcut to open the dropdown menu in IE. Of course, this is also dependant on the user allowing active x objects...

Edit: Actually, it may be better to do it on mousedown instead of focus, and then test against a focus state. This way, tabbing won't open the dropdown list, but clicking still can.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:36 am

Post Re: IE 7 Select Lists
Does setting -pie-track-active:false and/or -pie-track-hover:false help perhaps? http://css3pie.com/documentation/suppor ... rack-hover

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:08 am

Post Re: IE 7 Select Lists
nope, that was the first thing I tried.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]