Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Semitransparent box, how to? 

Post Semitransparent box, how to?
I managed to round the box I need my contents to be in with CSSPIE but I have a problem. The gradient is 100% opaque whereas I used the Microsoft gradient filter to make it semi-transparent, showing the background. I'd like to maintain that, is it possible? If I keep both, I get the faint semitrasparent outline (with square borders) and above it the opaque one with rounded corners. Help?
(I only need it to work on IE, since I have it set in a -if IE- warning and resort to border-radius and rgba for other browsers)

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:12 am

Post Re: Semitransparent box, how to?
It's not clear from your description, is the element's background that you want to make semi-transparent a gradient or a solid color?

If a gradient, PIE is not able to do this right now (though limited support is in the unstable master code.)
If a solid color, you can simply use -pie-background with an rgba color

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Post Re: Semitransparent box, how to?
I had to use a gradient (which was really a solid color, the gradient's two extremes being the same) to get transparent effect since IE didn't read rbga (and Alpha filter made the contents of the box transparent, not just the graphic), but I used rgba on PIE like you suggested and now it works wonders! Thanks a bunch! :D

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]