Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 PIE and load balancing on SharePoint 

Post PIE and load balancing on SharePoint
I've recently been working on a project for a client in Sharepoint and have used PIE to create linear gradients in ie. The site looks perfect in the testing environment but PIE isn't working in the production setting. The client is! using three servers to load balance and I'm wondering if that is a problem. I can see the browser calling the file in the network monitor but after calling it once, it is called again about 30 times and just says pending. Any chance this is an issue with load balancing and IE's same domain policy. All servers report on the same domain. Can't give access to site unfortunately. Won't be public until we fix this. Any help or advice would be welcome.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Post Re: PIE and load balancing on SharePoint
As long as the URL of PIE.htc is in the same exact domain as the calling page, the cross-domain limitation should not be a problem. Being load-balanced behind that URL shouldn't matter in the least.

What happens if you visit the PIE.htc URL directly, what kind of response do you get? Content-type correct and all that?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:21 pm

Post Re: PIE and load balancing on SharePoint
Thanks for reply. It turns out the HTC files weren't configured on the load balance. The individual app servers were, but not the load balance. Configured protocol on load balance server and presto. All better.

Thanks again.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]