Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Issue regarding the compressed version of the PIE files 

Post Issue regarding the compressed version of the PIE files
Hello,

First of, congrats on the great tool that PIE is! Using PIE on the project i'm currently working on proved to be a huge time saver!

That being said, the issue i'm having with the compressed version of the htc file is that i cannot access it's methods. The method and environment variable names are lost in the compression process.

While pie has crossed the 1.0 milestone, we're still having issues with it using IE8. The fixes are pretty easy if we make use of the provided getInstance and update methods, both part of the PIE.Element class. However, these methods are no longer available when we switch from the uncompressed (dev) version of the file to the compressed (production) version, which is ~100k lighter.

Is there any way to keep the method and environment names in the compressed version of the file? A compile option?

Thanks!

Alex

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:18 am

Post Re: Issue regarding the compressed version of the PIE files
To do that you'd have to modify the PIE_API.js source file to alias it as a public API method, and perform a build.

I'm curious what the issues you are having are, that require you to access these internal methods. There may be another way that doesn't require them.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]