Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 One tag disassembles PIE 

Post One tag disassembles PIE
Hi,

First of all I would like to say how great I think PIE is and works! It really helps me getting to use CSS3 for my websites despite IE's slow progress :)

However, I'm currently working on a website and for some strange reason PIE seems to stop working when I have a certain tag in place. Here you can find the example with the correct mark-up code. I have used the PIE example square as a reference. As you can see in IE all the elements that should use PIE get blank.
Here you can find the same example with PIE working. The only thing I did to get it fixed was removing the </aside> tag on line 407. However, the problem is not the </aside> tag, because if I replace the <aside> </aside> with <div id="aside"> </div> the problem still occurs. Moreover, the mark-up isn't correct anymore but PIE does suddenly work.
So for some reason the correct mark-up is causing a problem, but I can't seem to figure out what it is...

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:31 am

Post Re: One tag disassembles PIE
Looks like when the markup is correct you run into the z-index issue (top of the Known Issues documentation page) -- PIE's rendering element slips behind the solid white background of the #main element. When your markup is incorrect, the #main element doesn't extend far enough down to cover up the PIE element.

Solution is to either give the PIE element position:relative, or give the #main element position:relative and a z-index.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:35 am

Post Re: One tag disassembles PIE
jason wrote:
Looks like when the markup is correct you run into the z-index issue (top of the Known Issues documentation page) -- PIE's rendering element slips behind the solid white background of the #main element. When your markup is incorrect, the #main element doesn't extend far enough down to cover up the PIE element.

Solution is to either give the PIE element position:relative, or give the #main element position:relative and a z-index.

Thanks, it worked!

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]