Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Very slow page load 

Post Very slow page load
CSS3Pie is working perfectly fine on my website (http://www.infolinx.com) But the very first time the page loads in IE7 or IE8 it takes around 15 seconds. I don't think this is normal, but I can't figure out why it's happening. Most everything on the page loads but there are no shadows for 15 seconds. Subsequent page loads are substantially faster.

Can anyone offer insight as to why it's taking so long for the initial page load?

Thanks,
Brandon

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:09 am

Post Re: Very slow page load
Seems to load plenty quick for me, only a half-second or so until shadows pop in.

PIE loads and applies itself asynchronously, which is a performance feature but sometimes results in a period of unstyled content if PIE.htc loads slowly. Other users seem to have had luck triggering a preload of PIE.htc by referencing it in a <link rel="stylesheet"> in the head, but I can't comment on its efficacy or side-effects.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:20 am

Well, good to hear it didn't take long for the shadows to appear for you. Was that IE7 or IE8?

I'll have to give the <link> technique a try and see if that helps. Thanks.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Problem solved:

CSS3Pie was not the problem at all. I just learned about "HTTP Watch" which let me analyze all the data on a page load for IE7. JQuery was the culprit. I was linking to Google's hosted version of JQuery and for some reason the connection took 13 seconds to make. So I'm now hosting JQuery on our servers. Yay

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]