Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Not sure if Pie is heading in the right direction? 

Post Re: Not sure if Pie is heading in the right direction?
As a developer I can tell you this:
Our clients (some of them) do not want to switch from IE6, not even to patch it with Chrome Frame or anything else like that.
Some of them switched to IE8 but still it's IE, Chrome frame is nice I included it once and I was asked 'What the heck is that, lets remove that because we don't want our visitors with IE to be distracted.' Personally for my websites I don't care about IE6, but for IE8 I want to provide same features as for Chrome and FF users because it's used by 30% and up visitors (still ...)
So my point is, CSS3 Pie works great for now and untill the death of all < IE9. This could take up to 2012, come on guys there is no time, upgrade browsers, if you still don't know your Internet Explorer sucks!
Regards

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:11 pm

If you want to add PIE to every element on the page without much hassle just try.
Quote:
body * { behavior : url(pie.htc) }

That should add it to every element within the Body tag.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:34 am
Profile WWW

@lucid00: I wouldn't recommend doing that for performance reasons. There's a non-zero performance cost for each element PIE is applied to, even if there are no CSS3 styles to render, because it has to hook up event listeners and request current values for all the recognized styles at the very least. Therefore I always recommend that you limit declarations of the PIE behavior to only those elements which need it.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2