Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Pseudo :last-child 

Post Pseudo :last-child
There is a new CSS3 pseudo property called last-child and also nth-child.

The one I'm particularly interested in at the moment is last-child but the more the better! Basically, I'd like to apply rounded corners on the right hand side only on the "last-child" of a list. The CSS2 property "first-child" works great, but to have "last-child" would be amazing.

More info can be found here:
http://www.suburban-glory.com/blog?page=125

Do you think it'd be in the scope of CSS3 Pie to get this functionality? Everything else works great! Thanks for the great work you've done on this.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:33 am

Post Re: Pseudo :last-child
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately implementing CSS3 selectors is outside the scope of PIE; it has always been focused on rendering only and will almost certainly remain that way. The main reason is performance -- implementing selectors requires parsing and rewriting of stylesheets, which can be a very time-consuming process.

That said, there are some other great projects out there which implement CSS3 selectors to some degree. Check out the product comparison page at http://css3pie.com/documentation/product-comparison/ -- in particular, IE9.js, eCSStender, or ie-css3.js might be what you're looking for. If you get any of these working successfully in conjunction with PIE for the rendering, I'd be interested to hear if you run into any problems. They should theoretically work together but I haven't tried it myself.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:46 am

Post Re: Pseudo :last-child
Thanks Jason, I appreciate your prompt response. It makes sense that you're sticking to rendering, "stick something and do a good job of it" is a very good policy to have and I commend you for that. Thanks for a great product, I'll be in touch If I can indeed make pie and the others you mentioned work cohesively. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]