Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Adding css pie to old sites. Automating? 

Post Adding css pie to old sites. Automating?
Greetings!

So I'm applying CSS PIE to some older sites that already have CSS3. I was hoping to just add an include, but that would be way too simple! Then again, CSS PIE makes me pretty darn happy, so I can't complain.

Is there any good quick way to add the appropriate attribute to all the necessary classes and ids?

While writing this, I just realized that some find and replace along with some regex could do the trick. Find any atribute with a vender specific prefix (Ex. -moz or -wekit) and add the css pie next to it appropriately. However, I'm not sure how many css3 pie doesn't support. Maybe just a find, and input by hand to ensure each attribute works with css pie?

But I'm using wordpress, so I need to grab all the classes and id's for a separate include. A little more difficult, but with some variables, regex, and find, I should be able to gather all the classes id's. But again, I'd still have to go through and double check to ensure they work with css pie. Hm... I guess I'll have to take the long route, at least until I learn css pie well enough to script something effectively.

Anyway, I think I'll just go through by hand. If anyone things I'm on to something, let me know how'd you automate it. I can write the script, and a little more sunshine will glow in your heart! (sorry, trying to compensate for my gloomy mood).

Cheers!

Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Post Re: Adding css pie to old sites. Automating?
Well, in answer to my own question, I'm almost done with a javascript to automatically add pie! (Too bad it can't make grandma's apple pie :-/

I set it up to cover all the variations, and even spit out the wordpress code! I'll put it online soon. If you want it quicker, give me a nudge and I can make it happen within 24 hours.

Cheers!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]