Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Feature Request: Customized Download 

Post Feature Request: Customized Download
(Already emailed this to the developer, but thought I'd post here as well)

Would be nice if you could do something similar to jquery; select the features you want and create a customized download.

So for me, I'd only need box-shadow and border-radius, resulting in a smaller download.

I don't know if that is even feasible, but just something I wanted to throw out there.

Also, is it OK to gzip this for IE6? I remember hearing that this would result in errors in a few specific cases?

Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:44 am

Post Re: Feature Request: Customized Download
I've opened ticket http://github.com/lojjic/PIE/issues/issue/59 to track this feature request. I think it's a great idea, especially as more features are added in the future.

Regarding the IE6 gzip question: my understanding is that the same caveats apply for .htc files as apply for other files (.js, .css, etc.)... XP prior to a certain service pack has issues with gzip and caching, so you should avoid serving gzipped content in that case. I don't remember the exact details off the top of my head but you should be able to find the specifics by searching around.

If you learn something that says otherwise regarding gzipping and IE6, please let me know.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]