Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:32 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Testing build with IE9 linear-gradient support 

Post Re: Testing build with IE9 linear-gradient support
Hey Jason,

Is this the final B5 version you alluded to in the first post? It might be good to date the files to track changes...

Great work, man!

jason wrote:
@nickb: Thanks very much for finding that bug, that's exactly the sort of thing I was hoping this process would uncover. :) I'm attaching a new build below which contains a workaround (turns on -pie-poll for IE9 by default), let me know if that does not fix your case.

@janis: Your link is not responding so I can't investigate. I assume you've already checked the content-type issue that others have run into in this thread?

Attachment:
PIE.zip

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:53 am

No it's not the final version yet, there are still changes incoming which include IE9 border-image support and additional gradient features.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:38 am

@jason:

Hi, great work!, i was hoping to use the 1.0b5 on the new site development I'm working on but have run into an IE9 bug that is stopping from using this version to support the new IE9 features you are building in.

My bug is similar to one alluded to earlier in this thread about by @nickb about linear-gradients not being re-drawn when an element is toggled on/off. In my case I am using jQuery to add/remove a "selected" class on an <h3> tag to style a selected navigation element differently to ones next to it. I've put a prototype page up on:

http://www.alacritaconsulting.com/prototype/

The bug manifests itself on the News/Whitepapers buttons in the large pod section towards the middle of the page

It initially draws as it should when the page loads, "News" initially has a class "selected" but if you click on "Whitepapers", "news" loses the "selected" class and should return to a grey flat button (it has no gradient on it), the text changes colour but the gradient remains when it shouldn't

Is this easily fixable?

It is the only thing holding me back on using the new build for IE9.

Thanks in advance

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:53 pm

@middlep1: At first glance this doesn't look like something specific to the IE9 support, rather a general issue with PIE not being able to react to className changes on ancestor elements. Since you're adding/removing the class on the h3, but the CSS3 styles and behavior are applied to its child a element, it can't detect the className change.

See the docs for the -pie-watch-ancestors property for how to get around this: http://css3pie.com/documentation/suppor ... -ancestors

Hopefully that solves your particular issue.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Do you know where I can find a js version?

I used Ultimate CSS Gradient Generator - http://www.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/ to generate bg
that will work on all browsers and version but it does not play nice with pie css corners.

Suggestions?

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:35 pm

@julie2020 I'm not sure what you're asking, the PIE.js is included in the zip attached to this thread.

The colorzilla generator creates filter gradients which you should not use with PIE; use -pie-background with a linear-gradient instead.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:02 am

jason wrote:
@middlep1: At first glance this doesn't look like something specific to the IE9 support, rather a general issue with PIE not being able to react to className changes on ancestor elements. Since you're adding/removing the class on the h3, but the CSS3 styles and behavior are applied to its child a element, it can't detect the className change.

See the docs for the -pie-watch-ancestors property for how to get around this: http://css3pie.com/documentation/suppor ... -ancestors

Hopefully that solves your particular issue.

Magical!, that'll teach me to fully read the documentation before giving up!

Thanks @jason +1, you the man!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Jason,

I just tested the build on the first page of this thread (couldn't find the updated version later in the thread) and it works in both IE9 modes on IIS 6. Coincidentally, I was just about to check to see if anyone else had reported issues with IE9 not supporting the background gradient properly. Your continued dedication to this project does not go unnapreciated.

Thanks again!

Paul

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks for the testing everyone! I've started a new thread with a new dev build including enhanced gradient support as well as border-image support for IE9. Testing of that new build is appreciated, please see the notes in that thread. This thread is now locked.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6