Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 IE 6 background/border problems and JS errors 

Post IE 6 background/border problems and JS errors
Hi,

I seem to be having some issues with IE6. It actually works fine in anyIE and spoon.net clone of IE but I've viewed on computer that runs IE6 natively and all backgrounds and borders don't show up. Well actually they show up for a second and then disappear on a refresh.

It seems as if there are some JS issues when viewed in IE6, I get the errors even in spoon.net and anyIE. Any ideas and can anyone else confirm they are also getting some problems in IE6? Here's a link:

http://tiny.cc/a1h0t

This is the JS error I'm getting

Line:60
Char:157
Error: Unexpected call to method or property access.
Code:0

Thanks

Ben

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:27 am

Post Re: IE 6 background/border problems and JS errors
Thanks for reporting this! IE6 currently throws this error when applied to elements which cannot have children, for instance <input>. I've got a fix planned and it should be in place by beta3. In the meantime, I know it clutters the markup a bit but you can wrap the inputs in spans or something and apply the CSS3 styles and PIE to them instead.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:53 am

Thanks for the reply Jason.

I've actually just removed any styles on the input to see if this fixes the issue and yeah the JS error has been removed if I view this in the spoon browser.

But viewing this on a pc the is natively running IE6 i'm still getting the backgrounds briefly appear and then disappear and I'm also gettting a JS error which actually looks to be different. This is what i'm getting:

line 57
char 88
error : colors is null or not an object
code:0

Any ideas.

Thanks again

Ben

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:06 am

ok i've now managed to did out an old laptop that's running IE6 and on this machine no errors and backgrounds are displaying but no css3pie effects at all.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]