Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 WHY???? 

Post Re: WHY????
Because we get paid to design websites that look great for everybody, not only for Webkit. There are many people out there that don`t have the chance to switch their browser and many of the ones that have the chance don`t even know they will get rounded corners or gradients when they switch.

Normally I am a supporter of progressive enhancement/graceful degradation, but when there is a chance to give even more people than that using modern browser modern layouts we should use this chance. I am really happy that there is CSS3PIE because now I can start to use CSS3 in our coroprate website, because almost all of my collegues that have to say something about the design use IE(8). And I can`t say to them "Sorry, you use IE, you can`t see the shiny new rounded corners".

So thats my chance to let the future happen and produce clean and simple markup using purely CSS and no meaningless tags or images.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 am

Post Re: WHY????
The thought that CSS3 PIE will stop people from upgrading older browsers is crazy.

Rounded corners and drop shadows in CSS are not a "must-have" technology that will make people upgrade. No one cares that much - the whole point of these effects is that they are subtle and give an overall nicer look. They don't make a site function any better.

People upgrade browsers when they get a new computer, when their sysadmin upgrades it for them (in an office) or when they feel an urge to do so because the latest and greatest technology is not supported on their browser.

So if you care about how your site looks, and you want a consistent experience across your audience, then CSS3 PIE is a good choice.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2