Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 background-size and perhaps just general background stuff 

Post background-size and perhaps just general background stuff
Code:
<html>
<head>
<style>
.navigation
{
   background-color: #800000;
}

.navigation a
{
   color: #ffffff;
}

.membernavigation
{
   background-color: #ffffff;
}

.membernavigation a
{
   color: #800000;
}

.menusection
{
   behavior: url(PIE.htc);
   padding: 0px;
   border-style: solid;
   border-color: #ffffff;
   border-width: 1px;
   border-right-width: 0px;
   -moz-border-radius-topleft: 5px;
   -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 5px;
   -khtml-border-top-left-border: 5px;
   -moz-border-radius-topleft: 5px;
   -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 5px;
   -khtml-border-top-left-border: 5px;
   border-radius: 5px 0px 0px 5px;
}

.menusectionon
{
   background-image: url(/images/section_selected_background.gif);
   background-repeat: no-repeat;
   background-position: right;
   background-size: 16px 100%;
}
</style>
</head
<body>
<table width="700" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
   <tr>
      <td width="200" class="membernavigation menusection"><a href="#" style="display: block; padding: 10px;">text</a></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td width="200" class="navigation menusection menusectionon"><a href="#" style="display: block; padding: 10px;">text</a></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td width="200" class="navigation menusection"><a href="#" style="display: block; padding: 10px;">text</a></td>
   </tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

the image is 16x24

what I need this to do is make sure the height of the background spans to the full height of the container in IE.. it works in firefox..
the menusection on class can also be set on the membernavigation block to have that background image display

version 2 seems to do the exact same thing as version one... ignoring that background-size... at least it adheres to the other background settings.. documentation said it would in version 2...

as a side note, the background image seems slightly larger than it should be, like it's repeating, but just for an extra pixel left and top side ,and not aligned all the way to the right..

tried using a shorthand for the background, but without specifying the background color, because that is defined in another style, and didn't try the -pie-background, cause what I was doing seemed to half work... and didn't really understand the shorthand format

Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Post Re: background-size and perhaps just general background stuf
also, using the shorthand reset the background-color specified in another style before it, which I can't alter the order of
perhaps I could specifically set a menusection on for each of the navigation and membernavigation that sets the background color in shorthand...

PIE is still honoring the rest of the settings for the longhand background settings... so not sure if I have to or not to get that to work...
but it seems that the -pie-background only has a shorthand (but not even sure if I need the -pie-background when its already reading the rest of the styles for background)

Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]