Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:54 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Testing build with IE9 linear-gradient support 

Post Re: Testing build with IE9 linear-gradient support
@janis Thanks your site is responding now. But... ummm... the file at http://www.dickerschutz.com/ie8fixcss/PIE.htc appears to be a beta4 version. Did you not put the new build's htc file in the right place?

Mon May 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Hey!

I can report that gradients work perfectly in IE9 :D Great job!

However I have some problems with my custom css :before and :after content - it keeps disappearing when I scroll down the page (maybe PIE renders over it?). I noticed though that this is not specific to IE9.

Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 am

i update to Version 1.0beta5-SNAPSHOT

but still it didn't work..

gr.

Tue May 24, 2011 5:40 am

@jason I'm running the latest beta 5 build in production on my site now, looks good so far.

Tue May 24, 2011 2:11 pm

i have it working now :)

gr.

Wed May 25, 2011 7:15 am

Seems to be working great for me so far.

sidenote/interesting-fact: I had been "using" Pie 1.4 for ie9 for the last few months by tweaking pie to not disable under ie9 (and fixing a minor bug) then setting IE's compatibility mode to ie8. However, our product is <iframe> based, and we just found out that IE inherits compatibility mode from the parent frame. So even if you set it in the <head> IE will render however the parent frame is rendered, and if that is in ie9 mode Pie doesn't work (obviously). But with the 1.5alpha/beta it seems to be working (yay).

Tue May 31, 2011 2:10 pm

Note to all people tying this and struggling:
It does NOT work on http://localhost/..., no warnings whatsoever.
It warns when calling it like file:///c:/test.htm, for activex content.
When i upload this test file to my website, it works fine however!

Took me quite a while so I thought I should share this..
Also, am I right conditional comments will be never supported in IE9? (for pie? )
That's a bit of a bummer.

I am making a PHP css generator, for easy gradient creation. It makes the rules for IE separate, but with conditional comments.
Should I now go for user-agent-sniffing?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:41 am

I haven't had a problem with it working off /localhost.

I have noticed that sometimes box-shadow doesn't work with complex elements.

The following is an absolutely positioned object with a box-shadow, border-radius, and a linear-gradient when a button with all of those elements as well.

IE9: http://d.pr/q26r
Chrome: http://d.pr/CgIa

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:11 am

@twicejr:
I haven't had any issues using it from localhost either. Is your localhost http server set up to send the correct content-type?
Quote:
Also, am I right conditional comments will be never supported in IE9? (for pie? )

I don't understand what you mean by this, as far as I know IE9 supports conditional comments just fine. But since conditional comments are interpreted by the browser itself, what does this have to do with PIE?

@jonmabe:
Quote:
I have noticed that sometimes box-shadow doesn't work with complex elements

box-shadow is handled entirely by IE9's native rendering, so you should direct any bugs you find in their implementation to Microsoft. ;)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:39 am

@twicejr: I haven't had any issues using it from localhost either. Is your localhost http server set up to send the correct content-type?

Yes it is. Just as online. Can back that up by seeing firefox trying to download the file as "htc file".
Without the htaccess rule AddType text/x-component .htc , it opens as text in Firefox.
In IE, it DOES open as text though at localhost.. hmmm. Problem found, not solved yet :P

Quote:
ME: Also, am I right conditional comments will be never supported in IE9? (for pie? )
YOU : I don't understand what you mean by this, as far as I know IE9 supports conditional comments just fine. But since conditional comments are interpreted by the browser itself, what does this have to do with PIE?

Well, it seemed to be the cause, because I thought IE6 would not need the content-type to be set to text/x-component .htc
Also i meant to say PIE does not work in conditional comments?

Would Zend Server CE 's apache do user-agent sniffing on IE ? ;)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:44 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next