Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Version 1.0? 

Post Version 1.0?
Firstly, congratulations on releasing another beta version. CSS3Pie has made great progress. :)

My question is when will it be considered ready for release as v1.0?

I notice in the release notes, you have a comment at the end:

Quote:
After this beta 4 release, the priority for development is introducing proper support for missing CSS3 features in IE9, notably linear-gradient and border-image.

If the current features are complete enough that you're moving on to adding new features, then I would have said that it implies that the 'beta' tag is ready to be dropped.

Otherwise, at what point would it be ready?

Anyway, just a thought. In reality, it doesn't actually make much difference (except to those unfortunates who have to work under ultra retentive corporate policies that refuse to implement anything marked as beta). But if nothing else, I'd be interested in learning more about the release plan for Pie.

Thanks! :)

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:31 am

Post Re: Version 1.0?
I would consider it a beta until all aspects of CSS3 are covered and bugs are fixed.

Either way, it's just a version number. Beta or not, we still can use it.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:31 am

Post Re: Version 1.0?
@Kevin: I wouldn't go that far! :lol:

I would say 1.0 is achieved when all the intended features are working.

Of course, the definition of "working" is where it gets a bit wooly -- one man's release candidate is another man's alpha-quality build; at the end of the day it is down to the author to decide when he's confortable to call it 1.0. But one thing I can say is that many pieces of software have been released as full versions with much worse bugs outstanding than Css3Pie currently has.

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]