Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 What is being used for compression? 

Post What is being used for compression?
I am just curious as to what is being used to compress the PIE.htc from the PIE_uncompressed.htc . The compression looks great, and I would like to re-compress the uncompressed version after making some small changes. Please let me know.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Post Re: What is being used for compression?
The build process uses Google's Closure Compiler in advanced mode.

It's not as simple as running it against PIE_uncompressed.htc though, it needs to be run on just a portion of the file. Easiest thing for you to do is to grab the latest code from GitHub, make your changes to that, and follow the build instructions http://css3pie.com/documentation/buildi ... om-source/ -- the build script handles the compression automatically.

And of course if your changes are generally useful, please submit them back upstream. :)

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Post Re: What is being used for compression?
Frankly I think that process is beyond my skill level. I submitted the change I made here: https://github.com/lojjic/PIE/issues#issue/105 I just want to get it re-compressed. Thank you so much for your help, PIE is an amazing tool, and absolutely the most well written of all the ie CSS or related tools I have used.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]