Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Suggestion - :hover support 

Post Suggestion - :hover support
Hi,

CSS3PIE is super cool. Have you ever thought about adding :hover support for all HTML elements to make it more of a Swiss Army type solution? A good comparative example is http://www.xs4all.nl/~peterned/htc/csshover3-source.htc.

Thanks again!

Matt

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:56 pm

Post Re: Suggestion - :hover support
Thanks for the suggestion, Matt. I've considered doing that, but I decided long ago that PIE was only going to focus on rendering, and leave things that require parsing and rewriting the stylesheet alone, mostly for performance reasons. There are already plenty of solutions out there that do that sort of thing pretty well, as you've seen.

That said, PIE does have some logic to allow adding hover styles on elements to which the .htc is applied. If the element is not a link, then it adds a "pie_hover" class to the element when the mouse is over it. This allows you to specify hover styles using that class selector alongside your :hover selector for other browsers.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Post Re: Suggestion - :hover support
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the quick response. I completely understand about keeping PIE slim for performance reasons. That's a great tip about the pie_hover class, I'll see if I can utilize that instead of loading a second solution just for non-link hover support.

Thanks again!

Matt

PS: This is being used for a Joomla project and so far it works flawlessly with Joomla.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]