Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Tool for combining curved corners with gradients 

Post Tool for combining curved corners with gradients
When I first started using PIE, I was having problems getting both curved corners and gradients to play nicely together in IE, but thru trial and error I came up with a formula that worked for me. A few months ago, I created a tool that would generate the code for me when I needed something for a new stylesheet, so I came up with the following tool: http://codearchiver.com/tools/gradients2.aspx

I don't plan on taking that page down any time soon, so anyone that would like to use it is more than welcome. Here's a working example for anyone that may have trouble getting it to work:

http://codearchiver.com/tools/gradients2.aspx?cp1=A30C9E&cp2=560661&gr1=openingGradient&gr2=closingGradient&ul1=10&ur1=10&ll1=10&lr1=10&ul2=10&ur2=10&ll2=10&lr2=10

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Post Re: Tool for combining curved corners with gradients
Hey,

Just wanted to say thanks. Your tool helped me out to debug some problems with border radius + gradient.

I had to drop the 'filter' mode that was in the output of the colorzilla gradient generator code.

Cheers,
Julien

Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:48 pm

Post Re: Tool for combining curved corners with gradients
Julien,

You're quite welcome, sir. That was exactly the reason that I posted it. It took me a while to figure out how to get gradients and radius to play nicely together, and then I was having problems reproducing it consistently after I figured it out so I created that tool so that I wouldn't have to rack my brain each time.

Just as an FYI, I noticed yesterday (and quickly fixed) that there was a bug that was causing one of the colors for Opera to have a double # sign ("##"), so you might want to take a look at the CSS you used for that project so you can fix it. Just do a search for "##" and see if you get any matches.

Paul

Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]