Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Stripped down Per-feature version of PIE 

Post Stripped down Per-feature version of PIE
Hi,

I am integrating PIE in widget that is embedded in many websites, and looking for a way to make the file size as small as possible as load speed is crucial.

My thought is - could i get a stripped version of PIE adapted to run only specific effects?
for instance, i will need one widget to have rounded corners (only effect) while another will have shadow (again, only that effect).

So how significant would the change to the file size be if I would be able to strip it down to the essentials.

Thank you,
Amit.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:38 am

Post Re: Stripped down Per-feature version of PIE
I don't know an exact number, you'd have to try it and see what the savings would be. The only feature that's totally standalone is border-image; all others depend to some degree on at least border-radius because it affects them (box-shadow matches rounded corners, etc.)

I'd suggest that you check out the GitHub source and start stripping out the stuff that you don't want. I'm interested to hear your results of file size savings.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]