[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
CSS3 PIE Forums - View topic - Slow Scrolling & Hover Effects in Internet Explorer
Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Slow Scrolling & Hover Effects in Internet Explorer 

Post Slow Scrolling & Hover Effects in Internet Explorer
Hey guys first time poster. We are using a PIE.htc file on our ecommerce website. When I view our website in IE (mainly IE7) the scrolling and hover effects are very slow and delayed. This occurs especially on our product detail pages. Everything works AMAZING in Chrome and Firefox. Has anyone had or heard of any similar experiences?

You can view our site here: http://tiny.cc/fwjan

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Post Re: Slow Scrolling & Hover Effects in Internet Explorer
Just want to let you know that PIE has no effect on the performance with Chrome and Firefox.

I have seen other posts on people complaining about performance issues.

Which version of PIE are you using?

Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:47 am

Thanks for the reply, I understand that the PIE does not affect Google Chrome or Firefox, all the issues I am having is related to Internet Explorer (mostly in IE7). The current PIE version we are using is Version 1.0beta2

Any ideas?

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:37 am

In terms of performance, Jason said in his new release of 1.0beta3 that there was a huge performance increase, though it appears mainly for IE8.

I would highly recommend you look into that. He also added a new feature where it will only load pie for the viewport.

I would suggest putting in beta3, check out the performance. If nothing, then try to implement the 'lazy' feature, though I'm unsure if it will help as I haven't tested it myself, though I have 100% confidence in Jason.

Good luck!

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:46 am

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Ok great thanks we will give the beta3 a try this week, I am not sure why the link did not work Jason he is another one http://tiny.cc/i5nzv

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:50 pm

Thanks for the fixed link. It all seems pretty snappy to me, even though you're still on beta2. Is there something in particular that is sluggish?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:03 pm

All seems perfectly well when I run it, except for the menu.
The hover of the tabs seem to lag quite a bit, but I have that same exact problem with the css3pie website as well in IE7.

Besides that, I have to agree with Jason. I am not seeing a performance issue otherwise.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:28 am

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:23 pm

Using IE8 compatibility with IE9, I am still noticing a delay with the OP's website, but not with yours, grevian. I will post back when I get a box with IE8 on it and see what happens.

Edit: Extremely sorry it took this long, but you were right on about the lag with IE8, pretty crazy. Not sure why it is doing that.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next