Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Hosting PIE.htc for use on multiple sites 

Post Hosting PIE.htc for use on multiple sites
I'm looking for any way possible to host the .htc file on a seperate Linux server, then being able to include it in various clients websites on both a seperate Linux server and a Windows server. I would like to only host it in one location, for easy updating and inclusion. I am also having trouble hosting the file on a Windows server, GoDaddy in particular.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:28 pm

Post Re: Hosting PIE.htc for use on multiple sites
HTC files are limited to same-domain access, so hosting it on a different domain than the page that access it is not possible. If you must have cross-domain access then you can look into the PIE.js version; it's not as convenient to use and has a larger delay before rendering, but can be served from different domains.

I don't know about GoDaddy, but as long as you can serve the HTC file with the correct content-type (see the Known Issues docs) then it should be fine.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:54 pm

Post Re: Hosting PIE.htc for use on multiple sites
I've had a trouble ticket open with GoDaddy for over a week, trying to get them to enable the .htc content-type for my Windows hosting account. I just received an email this morning that they have completed my request, however, the site I'm using it on still does not work. I don't mind too much if I have to include the .htc file with every website, but having it in one location would be more useful.

When using the .js method (I looked into it briefly last night) I am little confused on the function to be ran once the page is loaded. Is there anywhere to see an example of someone using css3pie with the .js method?

Thanks for your reply, Jason. And thank you so much for making css3pie, it has saved us a lot of time and resources!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]