Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Moving the PIEd element using JQuery 

Post Moving the PIEd element using JQuery
Hi.

I'm using CSS Pie to give rounded corners to a menu. The menu is one of those which slides into view when you hover over a visible edge on the side of the page.

This works great in Firefox et al, but with MSIE using CSS Pie, JQuery moves the box correctly but does not move the background/border, ie the <css3-container> element.

I thought Pie has events to trap when an element is moved or resized, so it should be picking this up, shouldn't it?

Can anyone give any suggestions how to solve this?

The obvious solution is to wrap the box in an outer div and move that instead, but because it's a generated menu element from Drupal, I don't have that kind of control over the DOM.

Related to the above, the other solution I tried was to use JQuery to build a wrapper div around the box and the css3-container element together (ie siblings of the parent element), and then animate that. That solution worked great.... until I had another element at the same sibling level, at which point I found that also getting animated, which I didn't want.

This could have been easier if the css3-container element had a reference back to the element it was related to. So I would make a feature request: could the css3-container element have a "for" attribute, which would work in a similar way to the <label> element? Thanks.

-- Spudley.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:42 am

Post Re: Moving the PIEd element using JQuery
It should automatically be following the element's position and size.

Can you provide a testcase where it fails to do so?

Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]