[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
CSS3 PIE Forums - View topic - IE Zoom Level
Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 IE Zoom Level 

Post IE Zoom Level
Hi guys

I've been using CSS3Pie on a project for a while now and I have been very impressed with it. However a client has found a bug and isn't at all happy.

The is just background on a div, but I have to use -pie-background as on within that div I have other divs that have rounded corners and gradient backgrounds and if I remove the -pie-background from the outer div I loose all gradient backgrounds on the inner divs. This works fine other than when the client decides to choose a custom zoom level in IE. When they up the zoom to 125% the background starts to repeat and looks ugly.

You can see an example of this at the URL below:

http://www.dffdmg.co.uk/demo/jaywing/nd ... php/index/

Any help would be much appreciated

Clive

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:49 am

Post Re: IE Zoom Level
PIE is known to not scale backgrounds to match the zoom level. But what you said about having to use -pie-background on the outer container doesn't sound right. My guess is you were just running into the z-index issue: http://css3pie.com/documentation/known-issues/#z-index

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:58 am

Sorry to ask, but would like to confirm that there is no current workaround to allow background images to scale with zoom mode enabled?

If there's not, perhaps that could go in the Known Issues section?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:18 pm
Profile WWW

I am also having this problem (change the scale in IE and background images not scaling. Most unpleasant since I'm using sprites).

I agree with zahnster - if there's no solution please put in the known issues section.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:08 am

I'm seeing this too. Seems to only affect elements that have multiple backgrounds, so I guess this is connected to using -pie-background. Please list this in the known issues, it will save a lot of people from hours of head-scratching!

I see that you can detect IE's zoom level in Javascript, so I wonder if it would be possible to tell PIE to redraw the backgrounds at a different magnification?

See:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6805 ... javascript

I don't have the time right now to pursue a solution, but if someone else does, please let us know what you find...

Thanks,
-Gabriel

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:14 pm

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:35 am

I've added the zooming issue to the Known Issues page.

@cintaria: In your code you are listening for window.onresize -- I'm curious, is that sufficient to detect when the user changes the zoom level, i.e. does it always fire when zoom is changed? If so then I'll try to use that in the proper fix.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]