Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Absolutely positioned image in rounded box (IE6) 

Post Absolutely positioned image in rounded box (IE6)
I'm sure this must be a variation on the z-index issue mentioned in the site, but I haven't been able to fix it. Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong?

I'm using an accordion script from Dynamic Drive where each 'heading' is an 'a ' tag with the classes 'menuitem' and 'submenuheader'. Positioned absolutely inside each one is an image that shows a plus or minus depending on whether the next div is revealed or not. I'll put the style definitions below. I've added a class 'roundtop' to the topmost heading to give it border-radius on the top left and right corners. This uses CSSPie and works perfectly in Firefox and IE8, but in IE6 and IE7, the plus-or-minus image doesn't show in this element until the page is refreshed with Ctrl-F5. The border-radius works. The other thing I've noticed is that in the other elements the a stretches for the entire width of the box, whereas for the one I've styled 'roundtop' only the words are clickable. I've tried various combinations of position:relative and absolute, and z-index but haven't found a fix yet. The standard browser in my company is IE6 so I can't just ignore it.

PAGE CODE example
Code:
<a class="menuitem submenuheader roundtop" href="#" >Business Acumen - Proficient</a>

CSS
Code:
.roundtop {
-moz-border-radius: 1em 1em 0 0;
border-radius: 1em 1em 0 0;
behavior:url(/academies/academies_common/css/PIE.htc);
}

.glossymenu a.menuitem {
   background:  url(../images/accordion/header.gif);
   color: #333333;
   display: block;
   position: relative; /*To help in the anchoring of the ".statusicon" icon image*/
   width: auto;
   padding: 6px;
   padding-left: 10px;
   text-decoration: none;
   font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
   font-size: 1.2em;
   font-weight: bold;
   border:1px solid #9ac1c9;
   margin:0;
   z-index:0;

}

/* this is icon image that gets dynamically added to headers and disappears when 'roundtop' added */

.glossymenu a.menuitem .statusicon {
  position: absolute;
  top: 5px;
  right: 5px;
  border: none;
  z-index:40;
}

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]