Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Hover state issues 

Post Hover state issues
I've noticed and issue in IE7-8(haven't tested 6) in my dropdown menus. When I apply PIE in to my simple LI menu structure the hover state seems to get all screwy. My links all have padding and are display:block, but when PIE is applied it seems the link hover will only apply to the word and not the padding. The hover state flickers on and off when you go outside of the word. It's like it is disregarding display:block and reverting it to inline or something like that.

I would post an example but the menu code is output server side and the site is currently in dev so no live url is available.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Post Re: Hover state issues
Quick question: are you using beta1 or beta2? There were some fixes related to mouse events that went into beta2 so you should make sure you're up to date.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:16 pm

I was using Beta 1. I found a thread about some hover issues that mentioned there were some fixes in beta 2.

Keep up the great work guys, I love CSS3PIE

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:19 pm

I'm kind of having a similar issue with a dropdown nav. In IE7, when I set a dropdown nav to display:block, it shows but does not apply the box-shadow, border or the solid background color of the UL. As soon as you mouse over the UL, the shadow and color are rendered.

Example: http://64.78.63.147/clang/dropdownTest/ ... _test.html

Any thoughts?

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:47 am

@clang: this sounds like the same problem as in http://github.com/lojjic/PIE/issues/#issue/41 -- no fix yet but someone posted a possible workaround in that ticket.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:49 am

@jason: Thanks for the link. That didn't seem to help my example. In fact it almost made it worse. When I would hover over the area needing the shadow, it would display the box, with shadow, in the upper left of the browser window.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:39 am

clang wrote:
@jason: Thanks for the link. That didn't seem to help my example. In fact it almost made it worse. When I would hover over the area needing the shadow, it would display the box, with shadow, in the upper left of the browser window.

I have the same issue. Is there some solution of this problem?

By the way, I express my deep gratitude for PIE!!! It's awesome settlement of CSS3 problem in IE, anyway! ;) Thx!!!

UPD. It work perfect for the first time I hover, but on the second hover the shadow block moves to a top left browser corner.

The shadow filter applied to UL item (I don't know, is it necessary to note this).

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]