Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Can't get PIE to work at all!? 

Post Re: Can't get PIE to work at all!?
@jason - I did not even realize that I missed the non browser specific attribute. Thanks for pointing that out and it fixed my issue.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:36 pm

I can't for the life of me get this to work on a test site -- http://thinkdesign.net/proofs/walden/res/ -- I've done it both with the .htc and the .php wrapper, but neither are getting the job done. I added the snippet the .htaccess file to allow for the correct content type, but still getting nowhere with this.

If I use the absolute path and the .php or the .htc extension, then one element works and the IE7 crashes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks -- Jeff

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:45 pm

@indiepreneur: Ouch! Crashes suck.

I notice you're applying PIE to the body element... other people have had crashing issues when trying this. See viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29 -- try removing it from the body (put it on a wrapper div instead for instance) and see if that fixes the crashiness.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:26 pm

I too have has quite a bit of trouble getting PIE to work, to the point where I have even made a rip of the PIE site as a test for IE, and just uploaded the barebones for a test in IE, but i still cant get it to roll!

So, here is a glorious copy of the site, with just an index file, css and both PIE.htc and PIE.php uploaded, neither seemed to work for me, can anyone see an obvious problem here?

http://temp.jarrodrathjen.com/pie/index.html

Thanks in advance!

Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:26 am

Fixed it -- I realized I had to apply 'position:relative' to all elements that contained any CSS3 styling. Now I just need to fix the issue of content sticking when the window gets resized.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:39 am

Is it required to have the PIE.htc file when wanting to use the background gradient style?

-pie-background: linear-gradient(#4782C3, #0E5485);

I can't get that or even the rounded corners to work.

I've tried putting the PIE.htc file in the root. Pathing to it in the css folder and nothing works. I'm working with jsp files on a java framework.

Any ideas?

I can get it to work locally with basic html files but not within the java framework.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:50 pm
Profile WWW

indiepreneur wrote:
Fixed it -- I realized I had to apply 'position:relative' to all elements that contained any CSS3 styling. Now I just need to fix the issue of content sticking when the window gets resized.

Hah, thanks. IE8 wasn't rendering my CSS3 at all until I added 'relative' to my stylesheet.

Was it because I'm applying the style to an unordered list?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:57 am

@rat_45: Your rip of the css3pie.com site actually seems to be working OK on the outermost page element (the shadow appears correctly). Looking at the CSS, it appears there's an extra space in between the "url" and the opening paren of the other behavior calls, which is most likely why they're not working.

Code:
behavior: url (PIE.htc);

should be
Code:
behavior: url(PIE.htc);

Not sure how those spaces got in there, they're not there in the css3pie.com stylesheet so maybe it was something wrong in the rip.

If you still see problems, can you let me know exactly what IE version you're using to test?

Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:52 pm

@jason

Thanks for looking at the site mate, I've had a look again in IE7 without changing the code, and see no CSS3 elements in action. No shadow, Gradient or corners. I've tried on on IE tester, IE7. And on a computer with no browsers installed bar IE7, and still no dice, pretty odd. Ill remove the spaces and have another look too. Any other ideas?

cheers

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2