Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 I must have missed something (not working) 

Post I must have missed something (not working)
Okay, I have tried everything, or at least I feel I have. Using wget I have confirmed that MIME type is text/x-component and using the little about: trick I have confirmed that the htc file is in fact loaded. My CSS looks thus...

border: 2px solid #009DE0 !important;
background: #F9F9F9 !important;
-webkit-border-radius: 10px;
-moz-border-radius: 10px;
border-radius: 10px;
behavior: url(/wp-content/themes/rog/pie/PIE.htc);

...i.e. rather simple. I tried putting rounded borders on a random element as well, which also didn't work. The parent div class has been position: relative'd and z-index'd.

Now, it is fair to assume that I missed something. What, however, is far from obvious. At least to me. All I want to do is round a corner.

- Thomas Nielsen

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Post Re: I must have missed something (not working)
I'm guessing the problem is the !important keywords in your border and background styles. In order to work properly PIE has to be able to remove the element's actual background and border, which is prevented by the !important.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Post Re: I must have missed something (not working)
jason wrote:
I'm guessing the problem is the !important keywords in your border and background styles. In order to work properly PIE has to be able to remove the element's actual background and border, which is prevented by the !important.

Yes, I thought so too. So I tried using the behavior with a random element to no avail. But to be absolutely sure before responding, I just created a div with a class and added the behavior to that class and lo and behold, it works. So, two observations: The !important property does indeed prevent PIE from doing its thing, and an overridden style [from another style sheet] is also not affected if, as in this case, the original CSS takes precedence.

Thank you. I am a lot wiser now. I will try and explain in detail, once I figure out a way to solve the practical problem here, as I am changing the style of a Wordpress plugin which must be done without touching the original files. Vague, I know.

- Thomas Nielsen

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]