[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
CSS3 PIE Forums - View topic - HELP ME! Background positioning in IE7
Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 HELP ME! Background positioning in IE7 

Post HELP ME! Background positioning in IE7
On this page, I ma having a problem with the graphic in the bottom left-hand corner getting cut off. It should have a bottom-border of 12px and the right hand side of the box is also getting cropped. The left hand margin is working properly (as expected). However it seems to be ignoring the bottom portion of the graphic. I tried the usual fix, of position: relative and still nothing. Working great in other browsers--just IE7!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH when will it die!

http://segaldev.com.ourdevsite.com/forms.aspx

:shock:

Attachments:
File comment: I have a built in cushion in the graphic of 12px of space on left and bottom, however it is being ignored, and technically I shouldn't need it at all.
IAMNPF_historicalBadge.png [54.85 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 am

Post Re: HELP ME! Background positioning in IE7
So after reading some more posts on here, I discovered that the issue was basically that I had uploaded the image once, and then changed the dimensions and reuploaded it with the same name. Apparently PIE is not smart enough to recheck the size and was clipping the graphic based on the first uploaded file. I renamed the file and changed the stylesheet and all works now. Interesting ;)

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Glad you found the issue.

For the record, it is not PIE that has a problem with this, it is IE itself. There is a cache of image dimensions held somewhere in IE's internals that cannot be flushed. I've run into this several times in the past without using PIE.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:10 pm

ah good to know :) PIE is awesome by the way!

Another issue, IE7 Zoom, not rendering the PIE elements properly. I know this is an open issue, but a quick fix would be awesome!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]