Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 IE8 / Print Preview Error 

Post IE8 / Print Preview Error
Hi, i'm using the latest downloable version of the .htc file (v1b3) with only one fix so far for IE6 and delivering over https (Changing 'about:blank' to 'none' to stop a security alert.

However, i am also getting an issue with Print Previewing... Javascript error popups (See attached image) twice whether printing or print previewing in IE8. If you click 'Yes' both times, prints twice, 'No' twice and it prints once.

Is there a fix/update for this?

I saw something to do with the JS version (or something similar to) on github:

https://github.com/lojjic/PIE/issues#issue/89
https://github.com/lojjic/PIE/issues#issue/92

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jon

Attachments:
File comment: PIE JS error with print/print preview
pie-error.jpg [30.69 KiB]
Downloaded 393 times
Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:00 am

Post Re: IE8 / Print Preview Error
Yes unfortunately this error is a known issue, and you found the bug report for it. The pull request you linked to claims to fix the issue; I have not yet had a chance to test and integrate it, but you could try applying it to your copy (the patch is for both the .htc and .js versions). If you do so, please comment back here or in the github issue to verify it works.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:29 am

I just replaced the HTC file with the JS file in the download and thats now working for me.

Cheers,
Jon

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:45 am

I'm also having this problem. I manually applied the fixes in the GIT pull, but was still getting other errors. Many of them trace to Element.init(). The boundsInfo variable is also coming up as null on the lock() and unlock() method calls, and the el variable comes up null when the tagName is tested for "IMG". After adding conditions to prevent those method/property calls, addListener() and removeListener() will also say el is null. It's simple enough to add conditions exactly where those errors appear, but the code shouldn't even reach those points, which is where I'm at a loss.

I removed all of those "point & shoot" conditions and changed the if(!initialized) wrapping condition of Element.init() to if(!initialized && el != null && boundsInfo != null), but somehow that condition is equating to true, even though errors are still thrown on boundsInfo and el within that condition. This is bizarre to me. What would cause those local variables to be reassigned mid-execution?

On an additional note, even after I subdued all of the print-triggered errors, the print view is OK (by IE standards), but after closing out of print view, the page is just blank. If I click an area of the page, I might hit a link, so I know that the content is still there, just invisible. Unfortunately, if I remove all of the PIE yumminess, the print yuckiness goes with it.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:47 am

@stephenr85: That's totally bizarre. I haven't seen anything like that with the patch in place.

Are you seeing this on multiple sites or just one, where it might be some edge case that your particular code triggers? If the latter, could you possibly zip up a copy of your page plus assets so I can use it to test?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]