Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 ie8 rendering issues 

Post ie8 rendering issues
Greetings,

Been working css3pie for the past hour. So far it's been a great dropin replacement for our CSS3 issues on IE7 (don't care about IE6). The main issues we are experiencing are with IE8. It appears to perform the rendering with content, which we are able to verify two ways.

1. The initial page load causes the "flicker" that lets us know the PIE.htc file is working its magic. In IE7, the flicker then renders everything perfectly. In IE8 however, it causes all the elements that use PIE.htc to become transparent. The transparency only effects the CSS selectors with the CSS3 property, not the containing children in the that DOM element.

2. In IE8, we have a overlay modal that uses PIE.htc and uses rounded corners. It has no problems rendering, so we can confirm PIE.htc is indeed working. It does not suffer the same transparency issues that the initial page load experiences.

For debugging purposes, we spend time trying to narrow down what specific CSS3 property was causing in IE8. We removed all linear gradients, then all "-pie-background", and were unable to verify what was causing the problem. It appears just to be something with the initialization of PIE.htc in ie8.

I am unable to provide example code at this time because of secrecy. I wanted to provide my research in the hope someone could narrow down the issue. I am available to answer more questions, especially if you would like to lead me in the right direction to test things out.

Thanks for the great work!

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:45 pm

Post Re: ie8 rendering issues
This sounds like the z-index issue, described at http://css3pie.com/documentation/known-issues/#z-index -- the reason you only see it in IE8 is probably because the IE7 and 8 are slightly different in how they treat z-index stacking contexts.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]