Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 IE Error "null or not an object" 

Post IE Error "null or not an object"
Hi all,

I am developing a site that is using CSS3 pie for rounded corners and box shadows, and I'm having some difficulty with one integration point. In the DOM I have a DIV that is hidden with CSS (display: none) and then I have a button directly above the DIV that, when clicked, will use jQuery's .slideDown/.slideUp functions to show/hide the form. The click event is being added to the button via jQuery as well.

I have this functionality working in all browsers, but when I apply rounded corners to the hidden DIV container I get the following error in IE 7 & 8.

'this[...].style' is null or not an object
jquery.min.js Line: 19
Code: 0 Char: 30711
URI: Not able to give since this is a development site that I'm running locally.

I have tried compiling a new version of PIE and I have tried to run the uncompressed version of PIE to see if I get any better errors, but I don't. Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause of this error?

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:47 am

Post Re: IE Error "null or not an object"
Looks like the error is coming from jQuery rather than PIE... can you use a non-minified version of jQuery and try to trace the source of the error that way?

Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Post Re: IE Error "null or not an object"
Hi.

I am getting an issue with PIE / jQuery also.

I have a custom plugin that manipulates some elements in a <ul> and then generates a <select> and another <ul>. It works fine with PIE.

PIE works fine on pages that don't call this plugin.

Are you aware of any issues with jQuery?

I'm going to test using the pie.js file instead of the pie.htc and see if that is any better.

Thanks

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]