Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 DIV does not relocate at window resize in IE7 

Post DIV does not relocate at window resize in IE7
Hello,

I am busy building a website, and I noticed a very strange error in IE7. All other browsers handle the document correctly. (Except for IE < 7 because I don't support those any longer)

When you enlarge a window, or make a window smaller, a part of the layout 'jumps' to where it belongs (contents of a div). The problem is that the background of the div, stays in it's original place (the blue and pink areas). Whenever you resize the window again, both the div ánd the contents jump to the correct spot.

You can find the page here: click. Login with "Anne/testit" and press "Start Chat". (The site's in Dutch, my apologies)

Would anyone be able to locate the problem and help me fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:57 am

Post Re: DIV does not relocate at window resize in IE7
Hi,

at first I'd like to thank all involved people for the great job they're doing with developing PIE! In my opinion this is a GREAT tool - if not *the* tool for making developing for ie less painful!

Now the bad news:
I had to face this bug too when inserting a div using an animation. The Elements with pie-background move away after properly inserting and showing the div - unfortunately not the background.
Finally I read Bug #67 'updatePos function in RootRenderer calculates position incorrectly' and I tried calling updatePos with a delay > animation-timespan+x and it works.

I'm not that into IE-Internals (tried to avoid this whereever possible ;) ), but for me it seems that MS in its full glory forgot to fire the event that triggers 'updatePos' after any DOM-Manipulation took place and so the updatePos recalculates the background-position exactly to the place where the element has been before.

I'm into the PIE sourcecode for just a few minutes now, so the first (definitely dirty) workaround I came across was to call update-Pos again with some delay after updatePos really took place. Of course this is not a real solution to the problem and maybe a more advanced PIE-Developer could look into this?

I'd appreciate any help and would be glad to help where-/whenever possible! This bug is crucial for some of our projects, so time is crucial (as always..).

Thanks again!

manuel

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]