Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Mixed Results 

Post Mixed Results
I'm working on:
http://goldmaster.growyourstore.com/

I'm using PIE in several places. It only seems to be working on the main column's headlines and the rotating banner's numbered buttons.

It's not working on the .sitewidth containing div (rounded at the bottom), both nav menus (first rounded at the top, main nav at the bottom), the table cells that contain the three colored boxes, and the sidebar boxes.

I've applied position:relative; to almost all of these but to no avail. Anyone seeing something I'm not? I've heard a lot of talk about zoom. Would setting a zoom amount help?

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Post Re: Mixed Results
I may have fixed most of my problems. When I needed to round only one or two corners, I'd specify them explicitly. It seems PIE doesn't yet support this. You must instead specify your corners to be rounded using the main attribute, and then specify which corner gets rounded using multiple values. Seems like something that should be documented in the known issues area.

This does not work:
Code:
ul.alt-nav li{ padding: 6px 13px 4px;
-webkit-border-top-right-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 5px;
-moz-border-radius-topright: 5px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 5px;
border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-top-left-radius: 5px;
behavior: url(/js/PIE.htc); position: relative;
}

This does work:
Code:
ul.alt-nav li{ padding: 6px 13px 4px;
-webkit-border-radius: 0 0 5px 5px;
-moz-border-radius: 0 0 5px 5px;
border-radius: 0 0 5px 5px;
behavior: url(/js/PIE.htc); position: relative;
}

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:15 pm

The issue may not be in the Known Issue section, but that specific problem has occurred multiple times in the forums and it is also stated in the Supported CSS3 features: http://css3pie.com/documentation/supported-css3-features/

I am glad you figured out your problem though!

I am not sure Jason will implement that, I would assume so as he is trying to make the program as user friendly as possible.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:45 pm

This is in fact documented on the Known Issues page, under the section titled "Shorthand only", as well as on the page Anathema mentioned. Is something about it not clear? I'm open to suggestions on how to make it clearer.

For the record, this is not something I have plans to fix. It is a limitation of IE that it does not give visibility into the order of unrecognized styles, so PIE has no way of resolving the cascade of longhand vs. shorthand properties, short of parsing the entire stylesheet (a performance-killing process).

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]