Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 -pie-background issue 

Post -pie-background issue
I'm having the darnedest time getting -pie-background to work with multiple backgrounds.

here is the code I'm using

body#bd {
-pie-background: url(../images/background_flowers_left.png) top left, url(../images/background_flowers_right.png) top right;
behavior: url(/PIE.htc);

background: #f6f6f6;
background-image: url(../images/background_flowers_left.png), url(../images/background_flowers_right.png);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: top left, top right;
color: #333; }

}

Seems to be that everything should be working as planned with that code but I don't get anything in IE. I feel like i'm missing something rather simple but for the life of me can't figure it out.

I should mention I have the pie files in the root directory of my site.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:02 am

Post Re: -pie-background issue
My first guess is a relative-path issue... remember that url() paths within -pie-background are resolved relative to the HTML document, not the CSS file.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:39 am

That doesn't seem to be the issue. I was playing with pie on a test site and had no problem with it, which is why I'm a little stumped.

I probably just need a walk and another cup of coffee!

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:27 am

Oh... I just noticed that your selector is the body element. I've had reports of applying PIE to the body not working properly, and even crashing the browser in some cases. So I'd stay away from that for now; often you can just add an extra wrapper div and apply the styles to that instead.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:51 am

hey Jason,

So it is working actually. I had to change

behavior: url(/PIE.htc);
to

behavior: url(PIE.htc);

(no slash) and it worked. My isp was also caching the site on their end so I wasn't receiving any changes I made - should have thought of that but oh well.

thanks!

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:48 am

jason wrote:
I've had reports of applying PIE to the body not working properly, and even crashing the browser in some cases.

Has there been any progress with this? I can't do this with a bodywrapper div, because I have shadows in my content div and the background won't go under them, if the browser window is smaller than the content div. Having the background images in the body would be really straightforward in my case.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:22 pm

I'm having got problemas with multiple backgrounds in IE. I put this code:

#titular_compra .tabla tr.destacado td.listado_input{

background:url(../img/selecciona_tu_vuelo/border_listado_top.gif) top left no-repeat, url(../img/selecciona_tu_vuelo/border_listado_bottom.gif) bottom left no-repeat;

-pie-background:url(../img/selecciona_tu_vuelo/border_listado_top.gif) top left no-repeat, url(../img/selecciona_tu_vuelo/border_listado_bottom.gif) bottom left no-repeat;
behavior: url(script/PIE.htc);

background-color:#F0F0D9;
}

In IE only appear the firts bascground and in repeat mode.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]