Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 CSS3Pie with JQuery & Ajax 

Post CSS3Pie with JQuery & Ajax
Hello.

First of all I'd like to congratulate you with the buzz around this addon and a lot of people working with it (including me).
However I do have a (support) question for you:
I'm developing a SharePoint site and using css3pie in junction with both Microsoft's Ajax version (AjaxBase.cs) and jquery-1.4.2-min.js. Whenever i use css3pie + jquery it was working fine. However, when i used all 3, it gave me some bugs where it seems "ondocumentready" seems 'fried'; it didn't do anything.
(Primary) navigation (top navigation) where border-radius was used on 2 (out of 4) sides have black edges around them and most of the javascript functions don't work. I haven't tried a setup of jquery and microsoft's ajax together, nor css3pie and ajax.
The black edges only happen in IE6, whereas IE7 and IE8 are not working all the time, but it does sometimes.

I've read the forum post concerning "[solved] rounded corners on elements with borders", but this does not apply to this problem. I've also read most of the other posts (mostly concerning jquery).

I hope you can help out. I thank you in advance. If you have questions, please ask.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:26 am

Post Re: CSS3Pie with JQuery & Ajax
I'm not familiar with Microsoft's AjaxBase.cs (a web search for that doesn't seem to turn anything up...) so I can't give any direct advice on that. It seems like there are a lot of variables in play so if you can do some investigation to try and narrow things down that would help start us in the right direction. If you can post a live link that would also make it a lot easier.

Are you getting any JS errors? It sounds like PIE is quitting early in some circumstances, which usually indicates a runtime error.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:25 am

The live link is http://www.zilverenkruis.nl/consumenten ... ault2.aspx

We are not getting any javascript errors. However, when we try to open one of the block below (in a non-ie browser you can see that the blocks below are expandable). However, some times (IE browser) they're already open and can't be closed and some times they're closed and cannot be opened.
We assume it's that all parts want to work together but are clashing because they influence each other.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:42 am

Hi Eelco.

The problem with SharePoint is that in a lot of cases, you need to push the functions that transform the page onto the SharePoint "Document Really REALLY ready" Javascript function stack - _spBodyOnLoadFunctionNames.push('[YourJSFunction]');

This lets the Javascript load when SharePoint says it's safe to do so - most of the time, JS gets loaded when the document.OnLoad event has fired (which normally works... but it's not guaranteed to work in SharePoint).

I have the same problem in this thread - http://css3pie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1288&sid=c5c36a9784ac71fe5ef5d8d6702c7bf2&sid=c5c36a9784ac71fe5ef5d8d6702c7bf2#p1288 - however I spent half an hour looking at the pieUncompressed.htc file and could not see where to make this change. Jason do you have any suggestions?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:00 pm

HTC behaviors are different than normal JavaScript, in that they don't require waiting until the whole document is ready. The behavior applies itself as each individual element becomes available. This is a big reason why PIE is so good at avoiding the FOUS (flash of unstyled content) problems that other pure-JS libraries suffer from.

My guess as to what's happening: since PIE often attaches to elements before page load, by the time Sharepoint gets around to running its JS it's likely that PIE's extra rendering elements will already be part of the DOM. If the Sharepoint JS isn't robust enough to allow for those extra elements, for instance if it's using jQuery selectors that don't filter by tag name, it could fail.

Unfortunately I don't see an easy solution using the behavior, if you aren't able to track down the source of the problem in the Sharepoint JS, which I'm guessing you aren't. You could try using the PIE.js file rather than the .htc behavior; that would give you control over when it executes, with the downside that it would take more work on your part to handle attaching to the correct elements and handling additions/deletions.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]