Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 CSS Pie & Internet Explorer 7 

Post CSS Pie & Internet Explorer 7
Hi folks,

First of all, let me tell you guys that you're just simply the best! Although I'm not keen on supporting any version of IE, when the customer asks for it you have to... and we all know that it's happening like this, unfortunately.

I've just been working with a project which involves heaps of rounded corners in the actual design and I also had to make it IE 7 friendly. I've found your script after a few searches and I have to say I was amazed! My code + your script made IE 8 almost a perfect browser, but I can't tell the same thing about IE 7.

My current code is live http://test.imperodesign.com/figitt.

If you open the page in IE 7 you will notice that if you mouse over the big container, or the navigation, or almost anything on the page, half of the div's which have rounded corners disappear! I did some reading about this issue before opening this topic and couldn't find anything which solved my problem. And no, the 'background-image: url('about-blank') didn't solve anything - obviously I'm also using background images for those divs and I'm ditching them this way.
I've also tried editing your HTC file and remove any kind of 'hover' actions, but that didn't help neither.

Do you guys know what's the problem with my code? Is this a general issue? Is there a solution ( heh, I'm always saying that there's gotta be a solution for everything ).

P.S.: your script used together with Dean Edwards IE7-js it's causing some conflicts ( if I've added rounded corners using pie.htc, ie7.js makes them flat again for example :) ). And also... is there a way to ignore ie 9 in the fixes ( obviously, without using conditional statements ).

Thanks!

Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]