Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 No rounded corners in IE 

Post No rounded corners in IE
Hi,

I'm just giving CSS3Pie a tryout for the first time but so far I haven't been able to get it working with my rounded corners. I'm just trying it out on a simple button and have followed the documentation but no joy. A demonstration can be seen here`: http://cl.ly/2oNq. Is there anything obvious I'm forgetting to do?

Thanks

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Post Re: No rounded corners in IE
Obvious is relative. ;)

Check the z-index issue: http://css3pie.com/documentation/known-issues/

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Post Re: No rounded corners in IE
It certainly wasn't obvious from my previous viewpoint but always so when you find the answer. :)

I read the FAQ on the z-index issue but this is related to CSS positioning models and backgrounds not appearing at all. Mine appeared fine but just didn't apply the rounded corners. I'm also using a float-based layout.

I did however come across a section mentioning that IE requires the correct content type to be served or it will simply ignore the behaviour:
Quote:
IE requires that HTC behaviors are served up with a content-type header of "text/x-component", otherwise it will simply ignore the behavior. Many web servers are preconfigured to serve the correct content-type, but others are not.

I tried adding:
Code:
AddType text/x-component .htc

to my .htaccess file and it worked a charm. It seems that my web server wasn't one of the pre-configured ones so I just made sure I told it in advance.

I'm glad to see it working, I think it's a nicer solution than using jQuery plugins to simply add CSS effects. I think I'll definitely be a regular user of CSS3Pie.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]