Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 not working in IE 6 

Post not working in IE 6
Greetings! The behavior file is working great on http://www.arkster.com/links.html in all but IE 6.
In it there is no background behind the elements I'm using it on, and it's causing the h4 tags above those elements to be invisible (not sure why, it shouldn't be connected).

Both instances where css3pie is used are positioned relative.

Any ideas?

Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:58 am

Post Re: not working in IE 6
It looks like you may have figured this out already... I visited your site a few minutes ago and was seeing the types of problems you were talking about (disappearing text and images) in IE7 (not IE6), but now when I load it the issues seem to have disappeared.

Is this right? Did you fix your issue?

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:17 am

Thank you for your response! No, I haven't made any changes. Actually come to think of it, the first time I viewed it in IE7 it was wrong, then coming back to it later it worked so I though maybe I had been working from the cache before...that is strange. Maybe it needed to fully load the htc file and store it in cache before it will work? Can someone else verify that it works in IE7? If not, any idea how to fix it?

But no matter how many times I re-visit it in IE 6 it will not work. If push comes to shove I can just use a IF IE comment tag to not apply the behavior file to IE 6, but it would be rather nice to have rounded corners for our friends living in the past :).

Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:20 pm

I am also having issues with ie6 not working. I am using Spoon, and I would bet that many people are. http://www.spoon.net/browsers/ I know from extensive beta testing with ie6 via Spoon that it is not flawless clone.

Can someone who is running ie6 native on thier computer confirm CSS3 Pie is not working, just to rule out this possibility.

Joel

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:43 am

I'm running IE6 on Windows XP SP2 (at work) and I can confirm that none of the CSS3PIE functionality works at all - no matter what I click on nothing changes, it just shows the plain pastel green box with a darker green 1px border.

(The show CSS animation works but that's jQuery)

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:30 am

Yeah, I used spoon to check all the IE's but 8... I just assumed it was the same - smart thinking Joel. I used adobe browserlab to test it, and it does in fact look fine in IE6...MarcusT, can you check www.arkster.com/links.html at work just to be sure - or did you already?

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:45 am

Too late now, I'm home, but I will tomorrow...

However, if the basic CSS3PIE home page demo doesn't work at all it's unlikely your URL will...

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:07 pm

Okay, thank you. Yeah you most certainly are right, though it's strange it looks fine in Adobe BrowserLab. I used it to check the home page and it looked good so perhaps it's not accurate. Or maybe it's assuming users have XP service pack 3, which would kind of defeat the purpose because most people who use IE 6 don't understand computers well enough to update them.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:25 am

I can confirm that your links page doesn't render with any CSS3 PIE goodness in IE6 at present.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:48 am

Thank you for checking.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next