Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Background hidden on IE8 

Post Re: Background hidden on IE8
Tonttu wrote:
You can't use PIE on body elements: http://css3pie.com/documentation/known-issues/#elements
You appear to have removed the border-radius styles. Do you have the style snippet stored anywhere or can you reproduce it here?

Yes, using PIE can be a disappointing experience, but it is the nature of such hacks.. You just have to be patient and read the documentation carefully.

Ok thanks.. I've found an alternative solution.
Stangely, now it works fine for items :shock: (maybe because I use the rendering engine witch is integrated in IE9?)

Last edited by Beutchat on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:04 pm

jason wrote:
So, did you try what I asked and change the <button> to some other element? I understand if you don't want to use PIE -- honestly if degrading is an option for you then you should do that anyway since PIE is not the right tool for you -- but my request was more to help me narrow down the issue and perhaps find a fix so that others don't have the same issue in the future. If you can't spend more time on it that's fine, it just means this will go unfixed for now.

Sorry but I don't want to convert button into links. So if it doesn't work with button, I give up.
As I've just explained to Tonttu, it works fine now so sorry if I've lost my temper.
Adding position: relative appear to be a right reflex to ensure that disapeared elements reappear.

The biggest problems for me now are FOUC effect and some declined performances.
For example, when a lot of elements are rendered with PIE, it seems to slow down scrolling page drasticly on IE8 > (green bullets)

Last edited by Beutchat on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Quote:
Sorry but I don't want to convert button into links. So if it doesn't work with button, I give up.

In case I wasn't clear, I was only suggesting to do it temporarily, to find out this one piece of information.

Quote:
As I've just explained to Tonttu, it works fine now so sorry if I've lost my temper.

That's your choice, and like I said that's fine, but it just means that if there's a real bug here then it won't get fixed. Temper aside, sometimes it's nice to give back to the community that volunteers their time to support you.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2