Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 IE6 showing split second non-border radius view 

Post IE6 showing split second non-border radius view
Hi, the documentation says that if I use Pie.js, pages may display a split second view without those features before showing those features. With PIE.htc, that problem is not supposed to happen. However, I was viewing the demo page http://css3pie.com/demos/border-radius/ in IE6, and it showed a non-border-radius version for 3-4 seconds before showing border radius for the elements. Is it supposed to happen, given that it is using Pie.htc?

Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:12 am

Post Re: IE6 showing split second non-border radius view
"With PIE.htc, that problem is not supposed to happen."

Not totally true -- if you read that in the documentation then let me know where. Here's what it says on the subject in the PIE.js docs:

Quote:
You have to wait until the page's DOM has completely loaded before applying PIE.js to elements, whereas the .htc behavior applies itself while the page is still loading. This means the "flash of unstyled content" problem is much greater with PIE.js.

This is a true statement -- PIE.htc starts running sooner so it's less likely that you'll see a FOUC. But other conditions -- slow initial download of PIE.htc, or a page with a lot of elements to style (like that demo page) -- can absolutely lead to a FOUC.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:58 am

Post Re: IE6 showing split second non-border radius view
Thanks Jason. The docs don't explicitly specify that using PIE.htc will make the change instantaneous, but since it was mentioned in case of PIE.js that it takes time, I assumed that here it doesn't, otherwise same would have been mentioned here too.. :D Can you just tell me what files do I exactly need to make it work? If I am testing a sample page from my desktop (no server, thus), will it work if I just include the htc file and modify the CSS for the required elements by adding behavior: url("PIE.htc")?

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]