Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Not sure if I have my Pie css coding correct 

Post Not sure if I have my Pie css coding correct
Hello All,

I'm new to Pie and have read through the tutorials and forums but I still can't get anything to work. I have recently installed a vertical navigation menu using css+jquery. Everything looks fine in FF and Chrome. However, in IE 7 and IE8 my vertical nav only shows bulleted lists instead of the animations. Have tried for days to find a way to make it work. I ran across your website and thought I'd give this a try. So I installed the files and inserted what I think is the proper code elements, but I still can't get it to work.

I use Homestead/Intuit as my web host and have pretty much destroyed their "free" template and made my own. My website is:
http://stores.homestead.com/springcreek ... eFront.bok (or - www.springcreekrusticoutfitters.com) to view the source code.

Not even sure if the file paths are correct (Homestead does not make things easy).

Can someone please take a look to see if everything looks in order so far? In the meantime, I'm going to try to upload the Pie files to the sitebuilder side (www.springcreekrusticoutfitters.com) of Homestead and try to link from there. ;)

Thanks in advance,

Marcy

Attachments:
File comment: css block of code for vertical nav
My code.txt [4.25 KiB]
Downloaded 142 times
Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Post Re: Not sure if I have my Pie css coding correct
Getting a 404 on the htc: http://www.springcreekrusticoutfitters. ... ie/PIE.htc
Also, PIE doesn't support text-shadow or inset box-shadow and you only need to declare the behavior once per element, not after each property. So from your .accordion li > a, for example, you could remove the ones below text-shadow and background.
You don't have to use the pie-prefix with box-shadow to make it work.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Thanks for the info! So it should actually look like this?

.accordion li > a {
display: block;
position: relative;
width: 150px;
padding: 0 10px 0 10px;
margin-left:auto;
margin-right:auto;
border-top: 1px solid #933901;
border-left: 1px solid #933901;
border-right: 1px solid #933901;
border-bottom: 1px solid #933901;
-pie-background: linear-gradient(top, #933901 5%,#351500 95%);
-pie-background: linear-gradient(top, #9BA45C 0%,#292B18 100%);
-pie-transition: all .2s ease-in-out;
behavior: url(http://springcreekrusticoutfitters.com/ ... ie/PIE.htc);

As for the url, try just: springcreekrusticoutfitters.com and see if that works

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:31 pm

Yeah, except transitions are not supported: http://css3pie.com/documentation/suppor ... -features/ (not even in 2.0 beta). And you really should check your path to the .htc. I tried PIE and pie for the folder, but didn't seem to be a case-sensitivity issue on the name..

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]