Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 box-shadow & CSS navigation menu problems 

Post box-shadow & CSS navigation menu problems
You can see a problem in IE7 or IE8 when you pull down any one of the 3 pulldowns from the navigation menu on the following example page:

http://kiramek.com/test-pie/1/

Problem#1: The menu's background shadow does not appear when you mouseover the button that causes the menu to drop down. The background shadow (behind the menu) appears only when you then mouseover the menu itself. This problem is rather severe because I have submenus on that page, and the shadow won't appear on those submenus either until you mouseover them.

Problem#2: Many times when you move your mouse cursor off the menu, the menu will vanish but the background shadow will remain visible.

Problem#3: It's rather slow (unless you have a really fast, modern computer). But I suppose this one cannot be helped.

View the HTML Source to see where I have applied behavior: url("/PIE.htc"); to the code.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:46 am

Post Re: box-shadow & CSS navigation menu problems
I discovered yet another problem on my example web page:

Problem #4: Click on the block of icons (on the right side of the page, directly beneath the ¥42,000 price) and you will see that the box shadow appears first, followed by the actual box content that is shifted totally out of place and below it!

You need to be using IE6 or 7 or 8 to view the problem.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]