Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Rounded corners working sometimes, not others 

Post Rounded corners working sometimes, not others
I'm trying to use CSS3PIE for an existing site that had previously used the CurvyCorners script. I had to abondon that script because it was causing all sorts of errors that I couldn't resolve.

First of all, in IE8 I have this one box that isn't getting the rounded corners applied, even though the same code is working on other pages:

Non-working code:

Working code:

Then in IE7 I have parts where the css3-container is being absolutely position miles off the screen (top:61200px; left:14250px), until I access the web inspector, at which point everything is fine again...

On initial load (the web inspector doesn't have a 'live' view of things, so this is with the inspector activated, and then the page refreshed):

With the web inspector activated after the page loads, not before:

Any help or other things I could try would be greatly appreciated. I'm already running a slightly modified .htc file for IE8 to make some of them work (changing the z-index from -1 to 0), so I'm willing to get nasty with the code... And I am presuming that the -pie-border-radius/-webkit-border-radius that is shown to the right of the behaviour call is just IE misreading things, because the css is valid.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Post Re: Rounded corners working sometimes, not others
Well, after much stress and far too many hours spent, I've solved both problems, and I'll post my solution here for anyone else - including me - who comes across these issues.

The problem with IE8 was simple, I needed to reference PIE.htc with an absolute path, not a relative. So instead of ../_r/css/PIE.css I used /_r/css/PIE.htc

The problem with IE7 was also fixed simply, but it took far too long to find it. The solution? * {zoom:1}

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]