Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Border issues in IE8 64 bit 

Post Border issues in IE8 64 bit
Hello.

I'm experiencing some problems with round-cornered borders. In IE8 (64-bit version only) right and bottom borders are not displayed at all: looks like they are cut off. This issue can be reproduced even on the CSS3PIE home page, see screenshot:
Attachment:
File comment: Example of the issue on the project's home page
CSS3PIE_borders_issue.png [198.33 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Maybe some problems with VML rendering in 64-bit IE? Or maybe this appears only in IE8-mode of the IE9? A haven't got an opportunity to test it on the real 64-bit IE8.

Many thanks!
Tim.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:13 am

Post Re: Border issues in IE8 64 bit
I can confirm what you reported in IE8 and IE7 64-bit. It does not occur in the 32-bit version and works as expected. I have not looked to see where this issue occurs. I can say I have noticed that the right and bottom border disappear at the end of page load. During page load all four borders appear.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:45 am

Using "IE8 mode" in IE9 is not an accurate rendition, it should not be used for testing. Let me know if you see this issue in real IE8.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:03 am

What I have found so far is that in IE7 & 8 64-bit (Win7) the right and bottom border get offset by -1px right at the end of page load. In other words the border is now under my background color. The dirty little hack below seems to get it close to what I expect to see. Essentially I am redeclaring the borders individually which, afaik, pulls the PIE out of the equation for borders while it will still round the corners if declared. The box-shadow helps make sure the border appears correctly as well without causing any issues in other browsers.

Code:
   border: 1px solid #ccc;
   *border-top: 1px solid #ccc;  /* this targets IE7 only with the * */
   *border-left: 1px solid #ccc;  /* this targets IE7 only with the * */
   *border-right: 1px solid #ccc;  /* this targets IE7 only with the * */
   *border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;  /* this targets IE7 only with the * */
   box-shadow: #ccc 0 0 1px\9;  /* \9 targets IE8 and below */

I hope this helps someone and maybe points the developer in the right direction as to where the problem may be. I'm fairly certain this is a IE8 64-bit and below issue though. And in answer to the post made while I was typing this up; Sorry this is all I have for now. Maybe some one else with IE8 64-bit can test. Although I can't say I have ever had a discrepancy when using the Developer tools in IE to view the page in IE8 and IE7. ymmv I suppose.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]